2020 Subaru Outback Towing Capacity
Drivers from Brandon to Wesley Chapel are drawn to the popular Subaru Outback due to its capability and advanced features. Most drivers find that the Outback has an impressive towing capacity for its size. Travel Tampa roads in comfort in the 2020 Subaru Outback, which combines comfort with towing power. So, how much can a Subaru Outback tow? Up to 3,500 pounds when properly equipped. Learn more about the Subaru Outback towing capacity, compliments of the team at Reeves Import Motorcars.
2020 Subaru Outback Towing Capacity by Engine
There are two SUBARU BOXER® engine options for the 2020 Subaru Outback, which will impact your towing capacity. No matter which configuration you choose, you’ll benefit from standard all-wheel-drive, Lineartronic® CVT (Continuously Variable Transmission), traction control, and beyond.
2.5L SUBARU BOXER® 4-Cylinder Engine: 2,700-Pound Towing Capacity
- Standard on the Outback base trim, Outback Premium, Outback Limited, and Outback Touring
- 182 hp and 176 lb-ft of torque
- 33/26 city/highway mpg EPA-estimated fuel economy
2.4L Turbocharged SUBARU BOXER® 4-cylinder Engine: 3,500 Pounds Towing Capacity
- Standard on the Outback Onyx Edition XT, Outback Limited XT, Outback Touring XT
- 260 hp and 277 lb-ft of torque
- 30/23 city/highway mpg EPA-estimated fuel economy
2020 Outback Towing Accessories
Taking advantage of the impressive Subaru Outback towing capacity also means getting genuine Subaru parts for towing in your 2020 Outback:
- Trailer Hitch: 270-pound tongue weight/2,700-pound towing capacity for the 2.5L engine, 350-pound tongue weight/3,500-pound towing capacity for the 2.4L turbocharged engine.
- Ball Mount: When the mount needs replacing, the hitch casing is still working.
- Trailer Hitch Cap: Rubberized exterior-grade plastic with a UV-resistance polyurethane Subaru logo.
The 2020 Outback Towing Features
The 2020 Subaru Outback is packed with plenty of performance and safety features to make towing easier on Tampa and Clearwater roads:
- Ring-shaped reinforcement frame: The Outback frame provides strength when towing heavy loads.
- Standard Symmetrical All-Wheel-Drive: Evenly distributes power for improved traction, stability, and adaptability to driving conditions.
- Standard X-MODE®: Incorporates Hill Descent Control and Symmetrical All-Wheel-Drive for improved stability on rough roads or off-road terrain.
- Standard Control Systems: Features include Vehicle Dynamics Control, Traction Control System, and Brake Override System.
- Standard Subaru EyeSight®: This suite of driver-assistance features includes Adaptive Cruise Control, Pre-Collision Braking, Lane Departure, and Sway Warning.
- Available Driver-Assistance: Blind Spot Detection, Lane Change Assist, Rear Cross-Traffic Alert, and Reverse Automatic Braking are all available for upgrade.
You can also use the 75.5 cubic feet maximum cargo volume (32.5 cubic feet with the seats upright), roof racks, cargo boxes, and more to make great use of your interior space.
Find Your 2020 Subaru Outback at Reeves Import Motorcars
Browse our new vehicle inventory to find the perfect vehicle that has all the features and capabilities you want, then apply for financing online with ease! Contact us with any further questions you have about Outback towing capacity and beyond.
More from Reeves Import Motorcars
The 2020 Audi Q3 Is for Sale at Our Tampa Dealer When the Audi Q3 was first released it was met with an outstanding level of acclaim. Thanks to its versatile crossover layout and pitch-perfect Audi performance, it was quickly hailed as the perfect ride for anyone who required a high level of utility both…
See What the Experts Say About the New 2020 Subaru Outback For decades now, the Subaru Outback has remained a consistent contender for the distinction as the greatest SUV on the road. This renowned model has always been known for offering a comfortable riding experience combined with unrivaled off-roading ability, and according to the experts…
See Why Experts Hail the New 2020 Land Rover Range Rover For more than 50 years, the Range Rover has stood at the pinnacle of SUV perfection thanks to its consistently unrivaled capability, versatility, and luxury. Now experts are saying that the new 2020 Range Rover has achieved a higher level of perfection than ever….