2020 Subaru Outback Towing Capacity
Drivers from Brandon to Wesley Chapel are drawn to the popular Subaru Outback due to its capability and advanced features. Most drivers find that the Outback has an impressive towing capacity for its size. Travel Tampa roads in comfort in the 2020 Subaru Outback, which combines comfort with towing power. So, how much can a Subaru Outback tow? Up to 3,500 pounds when properly equipped. Learn more about the Subaru Outback towing capacity, compliments of the team at Reeves Import Motorcars.
2020 Subaru Outback Towing Capacity by Engine
There are two SUBARU BOXER® engine options for the 2020 Subaru Outback, which will impact your towing capacity. No matter which configuration you choose, you’ll benefit from standard all-wheel-drive, Lineartronic® CVT (Continuously Variable Transmission), traction control, and beyond.
2.5L SUBARU BOXER® 4-Cylinder Engine: 2,700-Pound Towing Capacity
- Standard on the Outback base trim, Outback Premium, Outback Limited, and Outback Touring
- 182 hp and 176 lb-ft of torque
- 33/26 city/highway mpg EPA-estimated fuel economy
2.4L Turbocharged SUBARU BOXER® 4-cylinder Engine: 3,500 Pounds Towing Capacity
- Standard on the Outback Onyx Edition XT, Outback Limited XT, Outback Touring XT
- 260 hp and 277 lb-ft of torque
- 30/23 city/highway mpg EPA-estimated fuel economy
2020 Outback Towing Accessories
Taking advantage of the impressive Subaru Outback towing capacity also means getting genuine Subaru parts for towing in your 2020 Outback:
- Trailer Hitch: 270-pound tongue weight/2,700-pound towing capacity for the 2.5L engine, 350-pound tongue weight/3,500-pound towing capacity for the 2.4L turbocharged engine.
- Ball Mount: When the mount needs replacing, the hitch casing is still working.
- Trailer Hitch Cap: Rubberized exterior-grade plastic with a UV-resistance polyurethane Subaru logo.
The 2020 Outback Towing Features
The 2020 Subaru Outback is packed with plenty of performance and safety features to make towing easier on Tampa and Clearwater roads:
- Ring-shaped reinforcement frame: The Outback frame provides strength when towing heavy loads.
- Standard Symmetrical All-Wheel-Drive: Evenly distributes power for improved traction, stability, and adaptability to driving conditions.
- Standard X-MODE®: Incorporates Hill Descent Control and Symmetrical All-Wheel-Drive for improved stability on rough roads or off-road terrain.
- Standard Control Systems: Features include Vehicle Dynamics Control, Traction Control System, and Brake Override System.
- Standard Subaru EyeSight®: This suite of driver-assistance features includes Adaptive Cruise Control, Pre-Collision Braking, Lane Departure, and Sway Warning.
- Available Driver-Assistance: Blind Spot Detection, Lane Change Assist, Rear Cross-Traffic Alert, and Reverse Automatic Braking are all available for upgrade.
You can also use the 75.5 cubic feet maximum cargo volume (32.5 cubic feet with the seats upright), roof racks, cargo boxes, and more to make great use of your interior space.
Find Your 2020 Subaru Outback at Reeves Import Motorcars
Browse our new vehicle inventory to find the perfect vehicle that has all the features and capabilities you want, then apply for financing online with ease! Contact us with any further questions you have about Outback towing capacity and beyond.
More from Reeves Import Motorcars
Enjoy Expansive Selection and Superior Quality at Our Used Subaru Dealer in Tampa While Subaru has existed in various forms since the late 1950s, the company as we know it today really came into its own in the late 1980s and early 1990s with the releases of now-classic names like the Impreza and Legacy. In…
Enjoy Selection and Quality at Our Tampa Used Audi Dealer While Audi has existed in some form or another for roughly 100 years, Audi as we know it today essentially came to be in the 1960s. Ever since then, Audi has become nothing short of renowned for offering state-of-the-art vehicles that are rich with performance…
Get Behind the Wheel of a Used Land Rover for Ultra-Capable Luxury Over the course of the past 70 years, one automaker has consistently stood out when it comes to designing SUVs that define the concepts of versatility and capability. We’re of course talking about Land Rover. In 1970, the introduction of the Range Rover…